Thursday, May 19, 2011

dreaming of something dandelion-ish.

Listening to: the wind whispering, floorboards creaking, inaudible music, and voices murmuring from the kitchen
Quote love: "Black are the brooding clouds and troubled the deep waters, when the Sea of Thought, first heaving from a calm, gives up its Dead." -Charles Dickens






The sky is grey outside my bedroom window, and it looks like it might rain.
I can hear the wind. Wouldn't it be neat if the wind was caused by time passing by? Don't look at me funny, I know it's not, but it's something unusual to ponder, right? But you know what I want to do right this moment? Get lost. Sit in the passenger seat of a truck with the windows down, traveling down a tiny country road with the smell of rain riding the wind.

To pass by fields of corn, chasing the miles so far away. The brooding horizon would flicker with the occasional lightning, and I'd lean out the window of the moving vehicle (coming very close to falling) to take a picture of the rustling stalks of corn, murmuring leaves, seething sky, and the beauty El Shaddai has created. Maybe if we got lost enough, we'd come across some dandelions.

That's what I want to do. To laugh so hard I think I might fall, but I don't. To wear a white sundress, but no makeup. To be sitting in the truck with a can of Dr. Pepper, a half-eaten bag of chips, my camera, and the winding road before us. There doesn't need to be conversation. I think times are just as fun without conversation as they are with it.

It would be so windy. If the wind actually was caused by time passing, then time would be flying by. Of course it would, because we'd be having a good time. Time always flies when you're having fun, doesn't it?

And maybe we'll end up at the beach. :)

xoxo,
Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. I LOVVEEE those pictures. Youre a beautiful writer... Thats my passion too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.