Saturday, June 4, 2011

such love

Listening to: The Hole in the Wall by Adrian Johnston


I am the lover with no one to hold,
I am the seeker with an empty soul,
I am everyone who’s ever lost hope.

And I never saw You coming;
I could never dream of running.
I have never known such love before.

My God, You come and breathe Your breath in me,
Steal away what’s left of me
Till You are mine and I am Yours.


A few hours ago, we came home from a very interesting, fun, and comical afternoon at church. Due to a caffeine-induced lack of sleep last night, I'm still pretty tired. But afternoon sunlight (in it's evanescent, wraith-like glory) is so pretty, in a lively kind of way. 

Fall like stars on my shore,
Still You are so much more.

I've been trying to make a point to thank the Lord. For everything. It's so easy to forget Him when everything is going perfectly. And a few hours ago, in that glimmering sunlight, I noticed some diamonds being flung about the garden. Water, actually, but they looked so much like diamonds in the ethereal light. Isn't that so pretty? I think it's elegant in an unpredictable, pure, carefree kind of way. And after leaning on the garden fence, looking at the sky, with glistening water dropping on my makeup-smeared face, I thought of something. 

What do I know of this love?
xoxo, 
Suzanne

*Never Saw You Coming by Bebo Norman & What Do I Know of Holy by Addison Road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.