Tuesday, December 27, 2011

and then silence.

Listening to: Longer by Dan Fogelberg
Lyric love: "Longer than there've been fishes in the ocean
                  Higher than any bird ever flew
                  Longer than there've been stars up in the heavens
                  I've been in love with you
                  Stronger than any mountain cathedral
                  Truer than any tree ever grew
                  Deeper than any forest primeval
                  I am in love with you."


Fuchsia. Red. Crimson. Burgundy. And then silence.
The crowds applauded then, a thunder, and then a fragile noise that crackled on and on. Faint whistles sounded and circled around me. The lights shone, smeared and bright and floating, broken reflections on the floor. The stage was mine. I could stay this way forever, I could. I shifted on the chair, rubbed my shoes on the wooden floor. And I felt grass beneath my feet.

And then this stage began to flake away, shavings of stage and curtains circling in the breeze until they were naught but leaves scattered at my feet. I opened my eyes, still hearing applause. And the leaves still clapped and the wind still whistled, and the sun was smeared and broken along the ground. The branches still waved. I shifted on the fallen tree, fingered the strings and kept playing until I could no longer feel my fingers.

In Christ,
Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. This post is beautiful. I could almost see this happening in my head. Very vivid. I wonder if you write songs or poetry?

    - Tessa :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.