Thursday, October 14, 2010

La venue de Asher

From the seldom traveled path,
A soldier did arrive.
Weary was his form,
But his eyes quite alive.
.
His pale sword brightly glinted;
The stars did lighten his road.
His mind with pitiless hands
Did war’s concern softly goad.
.
I saw his manner of angst,
A torrent rushing beneath glass.
I saw a gleam of resolve:
Sinking, for the pain held it fast.
.
Now as he departs again,
He confidently speaks of his return.
Wait shall I, in ignorance’s hold;
Of night or day, I shall not discern.
.
And now I wait, long do I wait
To see his form return anew.
War’s dire hand holds its own,
Unwilling to release the few.
.
Among moonlit waves do I stand,
Wishing to spot this on the sea:
One whom battle has not slain;
One who listened to my plea.

In Christ,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Did you write this? It is lovely and touching. The third verse is my favorite - it is so descriptive...

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.