Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hush now. I just had an idea...

Listening to: My Own Little World by Matthew West
Quote love: "She generally gave herself very good advice, (though she very seldom followed it)." -Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll






Who here loves inspiration?! The kind where you hear a word, a phrase, a picture, a song, and a story tells itself.

Sometimes you get a glimpse into the deepest part of your mind: the part that's like a room. The room where you know inspiration is. You can run endlessly through the passages and stairwells and rooms of your mind, but never find it. Most of the time, it seems, you can only find this room of inspiration by accident, if you're lost, or completely unsuspecting.

On the occasion you do find it, you breathlessly run in and see a vast room that is divided by endless rows of books. Shelves which are crammed with literature line the walls, and unidentifiable music plays distantly. You're not allowed to see the titles nor recognize the music. Not yet. Perhaps later. There's an open book on the floor in front of you. On the page is a word, a phrase, a picture, a song, or something only you can see. When you see it, a evanescent understanding floods your mind. It's a wonderful, beautiful, intricate, maddening idea.

Find a way to make yourself remember what was on that page, because you might never see it again.

It seems you're only allowed in this magnificent room for a few seconds before you're pushed out, the door slamming in your face, and the open book on the other side of a locked door. I hope you remembered everything you could.


Inspiration for this post: a photograph of a winding staircase.

What about you? What last gave you inspiration?

In His love and light, 
Suzanne

4 comments:

  1. i Love your photographs;the focus on the flowers is awesome!
    and I love how you write. :) you really made me think... and that visual in the room that you gave, took me there.

    jana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is easy for me to answer, considering it only happened yesterday. At church someone shared a prayer request and it totally inspired a whole new plot twist in the sequel to the novel I'm currently working on editing. I haven't been writing about it to much, but my mind has been running rampant and I've GOT to write my ideas down before I forget!

    Beautiful post by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I get my inspiration from other bloggers and photographers!

    I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the stylish blog award at http://bellaskyephotography.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award-and-linking-up.html! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.