Wednesday, August 31, 2011

autumn please come

Listening to: Moonlight Sonata
Quote love: "I don't like standard beauty. There is no beauty without strangeness." -Karl Lagerfeld


Autumn is the best time of year.

It's when the boots (with fuzz in them) and denim jackets get unburied from the closet. When the trees fling away their leaves and the sky pulls on a gray blanket. When the air smells like cinnamon and there's a pumpkin in the middle of the table. It's the time of hot chocolate with marshmallows, whirlwinds of leaves, and Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The air is sharp and a plaid scarf is worn. I like that.

because of sharp air,
strings of lights,
and apples
wearing
candy.

and books and stories
and characters lit
by candle light.
and music plays
and a war
is won.


Autumn, please come soon.

In His love,
Suzanne

3 comments:

  1. Autumn is coming!! Pumpkins and hot chocolate and crispy leaves? Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hello! :) I just realized you left you blog link for me to follow a little while back - and I didn't check it out until now! My bad. ;) I am now following - and I love your blog name! Cute and unique.

    Have a blessed day!

    ~ Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos!

    Fall is my favorite season too and I always feel weird saying that because my name is Autumn ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.