Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the child born in May

Listening to: American Honey by Lady Antebellum
Reading: Annabel Lee by Edgar Allan Poe

I was sitting outside today
and I held the day in my hand,
remembering it.
The afternoon was warm,
but chilly around the edges.
This is the weather I live for. I live for winter.
I love it.

I'll get a book and haul a blanket outside.
I'll sit by a tree and read Edgar Allan Poe
to the frozen sky.
 "A wind blew out of a cloud, chilling my beautiful Annabel Lee."
And it would pull it's gray cardigan
closer,
and sigh some more.
 
And I'll look up and whisper it something.
"Neither the angels in heaven above,
Nor the demons down under the sea,
Can ever dissever my soul from the soul
Of the beautiful Annabel Lee."
 
 
love,
the child born in May


3 comments:

  1. Oh what a kindred spirit. Are we sisters? :) I live for this season also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this though Imperfect Prose and wanted to say thank you! This blog and your words are just beautiful; they touched my heart tonight. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love this... and i love poe... a beautiful write.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.