Wednesday, November 16, 2011

when i finally make it home

Listening to: Find My Way Back Home by Priscilla Ahn

I said I'd keep up, and now it seems like there's too much to write.

***THE GOOD NEWS IN THE LIFE OF SUZANNE***
I got a car!! It's a red Ford Explorer. 

 ***THE BAD NEWS IN THE LIFE OF SAID GIRL***
 I hit a buck on the way home from work and totaled my parents' car.


It wasn't on the side of the road or in the ditches; I don't know where it came from. Suddenly it was in front of me and the front of the car seemed to explode. The air bags didn't deploy; they should have, but praise the Lord they didn't. I pulled over and got out through the passenger door (the drivers side door wouldn't open), and checked out the car with a flashlight. I freaked out and got back in for about five minutes, then called my parents.

My parents showed up about ten minutes later. My dad glanced at the car, told me I did well not to swerve, then shook his head and mused, "Well, Jess, I knew you didn't like the drive to work, but man..." 

I called Justin and talked to him until the police came. We towed it home since it wouldn't run, and since I can't go to work for a while (my parents are looking for a new car) I'm staying home for now. I'm so thankful for my new ride. *grins hugely*

Odd, it is, how much I appreciate the time I have at home now. 

I painted something.

I found a notebook. 

I have this odd fascination with empty notebooks. I have this urge to fill them with words, but I never know what to write. This one has my mind in it, since I'm writing down practically every thought that comes to me.

I spent most of yesterday looking through old pictures. I found a picture of my dad walking along the beach when he and my mom were on their honeymoon.

1988.

It's neat to see a time when I wasn't here yet.


How have you guys been?

-Suzanne

1 comment:

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.