Saturday, March 3, 2012

hello, saturday | a post with a weird picture at the end.

Listening to: Small Town Southern Man by Alan Jackson
Quote love: "Never miss a good chance to shut up." -Will Rogers
Reading: White by Ted Dekker

Today was the kind of day where one grabs a book, a cat, and a cup of coffee and goes outside to sit in the sun. I did that, actually. Papa's not feeling well, so we spent the morning watching old western movies. Later I went to the kitchen and concocted a loaf of banana bread. After that I went to my room, opened the window and drew in a notebook while the breeze and music made my room airborne.


Most of the cattle across the road were irritated about something, and they spent a good while voicing their irritation. So...they were the background music to the afternoon. Today was one of those days where the sky is clear, smeared, and frosty; and the sun was streaming down the trees in that dusty, South Texas kind of way. The air was cool, but the sun was warm. It made me feel bad for being inside, so I found my phone to take pictures and followed the animals around the yard yelling "STAY STILL PLEEEAASE?" Avril emerged from the woods and Daisy kind of lost it. So she was chasing the cat all around the trees.



This bench originally had the Texas flag painted on it, but most of it's been chipped off over the years. I love it even though it's falling apart and not safe to sit on. Heh. It's gonna be my project this summer, I think.




Aside from my dad not feeling well, it was a good day. How's your weekend coming?

-Jessie Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.