Thursday, May 10, 2012

things

Listening to: My Father's Father by The Civil Wars






This girl is graduating this Saturday! I have no idea how it came to that, but it did, apparently. I've been wanting to write for days, but I have so many things to post about. I have three other posts in drafts right now, if that's any clue as to how scatterbrained I've been as of late.

Thing 1: The Avengers. Fairly amazing movie, if you ask me. My mom and I went to see it on Monday, and I've decided something: I have to have one of those lovely, enormous, flying, armored creatures that wiggle.

Thing 2: Because I turned eighteen, my license expired, and I got it renewed on Monday. My mom and I dove into the office twenty minutes before they closed, and an officer asked what we needed assistance with. I told him I needed my driver license renewed, and he blinked at me and asked, "And how old are you?" After waiting in line for fifteen minutes, staring at the blue dot, and getting the worst picture west of the Mississippi, I was a licensed driver again.


Thing 3: Papa and I went to Yorktown earlier today. The thundering sky exploded in pieces, but no rain fell. A perfect day to go on a drive and find some back roads, if you ask me. We went and drove by buildings that looked like they were put together in the 40s. It makes you wonder, at least it did me, what happened when they weren't abandoned. When people still came to work there every morning, and their voices echoed in through the now darkened rooms. For some reason, that makes me want to write a song.


-Jessie Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.