Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What happens when I get my hands on clay?

It's not pretty. In my art class, we were given clay and told to construct. This was the second time I've ever attempted to use clay, and my first thought was, "It's clay! How hard can it be? You mold it and then roast it in some oven." It's hard! Anyhow, here are some pictures to demonstrate my mad skills in the art of pottery.

Yeah, those are my fingerprints...

It would make a nice colander... ;) On the bright side, look at the pretty paint job! It's such a nice shade of blue.... *cough*

Shiny...

Yeah...those are the marks from my fingernails on the inside. I seriously don't remember those being there when I made it. This one was about an inch taller, but the last inch flew off when it was being fired, so I found the broken remnants resting forlornly inside the bowl. Eh...Bowl, colander, whatever... x)

The reason the blue one is...unusual, is because I inadvertently planted a full Route 44 cup on it, and only had five minutes to fix it. 

It was really fun and such a blessing to be able to make, even if it does look unusual! :]

In His light and love,
Jessie Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. Awww they aren't that bad! I would of done a far worse job than that any day! :)
    P.S Sent the letter yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://shanteamac.blogspot.com/2010/12/test-podt-2.html#comment-form

    HI I know you don't know me but I'm entering a contest hosted by Shantea Mac for her new year giveaway contest and I'm trying to get the most points and would love it if you would go and post on her blog saying that Gaoia sent you thanks alot :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I absolutely LOVE comments and hearing what you have to say, but please keep it clean and encouraging. Thanks!

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.